The media has imploded and exploded with comments and opinions on the controversial Kathy Griffin -Trump photo. If you haven't seen it, just google it and your screen will be flooded with results. I'm going to refrain from expressing my personal opinion on the subject of the photo. However, here is food for thought:
1. Kathy Griffin was the subject in the photo. She wasn't the creator of the prop (Head). She wasn't the photographer. She was posed. Tyler Shields was the photographer.
2. Gwar did it first. See it here.
3. Brujeria, a metal band was and is selling shirts featuring a severed Trump head, also before the Kathy photo-shoot. See it here.
4. At the University of Alaska an assistant professor submitted a painting with a severed Trump head. It was featured in a faculty art show (before Kathy's shoot). See it here.
5. Did the secret service contact this guy? No they didn't. The local sheriff's office declared he didn't break any laws.
Is there a pattern? Or is it a coincidence that the woman in the equation received the most media scrutiny? I'll let you decide.